Deputy President of NFC
CEO of NFC HK
CEO of NFC International
– Shigeki previously served as Head of Investment Department at Mizuho Securities for 7 years and was responsible for the Private Equity fund business of Mizuho Securities.
– He has worked in the Tokyo and New York offices of the Mizuho group and has approximately 20 years of experience in Corporate Finance, Cross-border M&A Advisory, Capital Markets and PE Fund Management.
– He was also the Head of Fund working Group at Investment Banking Unit of Mizuho Financial Group.
– Shigeki is the IC Member and GP Director of multiple NFC HK operated funds including Tata Capital Growth Fund I & II (India PE), CMH Growth Fund (China PE), Cybernaut New Frontier Venture Fund (China VC), Africa Healthcare Fund (Africa VC) and AI/Human Fund (Australia VC).
– Since 2015, he has been the CEO of New Frontier Capital Management Hong Kong (NFC HK) and the Executive Vice President of New Frontier Capital Management (NFC). Since 2019, he has also been the CEO of New Frontier Capital Management International (NFC International).
– Shigeki holds a B.A. in Economics from the University of Tokyo.
Director of NFC HK
– Susumu is the founder and Representative Director of Asia Africa Investment & Consulting.
– Prior to that Susumu was partner and managing director at Boston Consulting Group, where he worked closely to clients in a wide range of industries with special emphasis on high-tech, telecommunications, IT, entertainment contents and consumer goods.
– He also served several board positions at both listed and unlisted companies including Takara Tomy, Atlas Corporation and Net Index.
– Susumu holds a B.S. in Molecular Biology from the University of Tokyo.
Senior Vice President of NFC International
– Prior to joining NFC, Kei was an investment professional at BNP Paribas Securities and Macquarie Global Property Advisors (now BlackRock) and focused on PE Investments, Debt Investments, Fund Management and Corporate Turnarounds.
– He started his career with Sullivan & Cromwell in the areas of Equity Capital Markets and Cross-border M&A.
– Kei holds a B.A. in Law from Keio University and also studied at Temple Law School.
Partner of NFC International
– After working at the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi (now Mitsubishi UFJ Bank), Sony and Nihon Mirai Capital, he became the research analyst and technology fund manager at Fidelity Investments where he led the technology team and managed the fund.
– Hiroki then was in charge of M&A and venture investment at COLOPL where he was involved in the launch of its venture capital and M&A business.
– He also served as the CEO of Greenfield Capital where he invested in Japanese start-ups, advised on venture investments as well as co-founder and Managing Director of ASLEAD CAPITAL where he manages a Japan-focused fund to invest in listed and private Japanese companies.
– Hiroki holds B.S. in System Engineering from Waseda University and an M.S. in Finance from the London Business School.
Vice President of NFC International
– Worked as a sales representative at Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
– Worked at a Hitachi-affiliated company in charge of back office
– Graduated from Hosei University and completed the University of Westminster International Business Program.
Director of NFC International artner of NFC HK
– After beginning his career at Recruit Holdings and Iwate Hotel & Resort, Masayuki worked at KPMG FAS, where he was responsible for due diligence and financial advisory related to hospitality real estate and non-performing loans.
– He was President of Japan Hotel & Resort, the first hotel-focused REIT in Japan established by Goldman Sachs, where he managed assets worth USD 7 billion.
– He then joined Cool Japan Fund as Managing Director after working as Head of the Hospitality Investment Department at Secured Capital Investment Management.
– Masayuki holds an M.A. from Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration.
Director of NFC International artner of NFC HK
– Yusuke started his career at the Bank of Japan and served as an economist at the Embassy of Japan in Moscow. He subsequently joined CSK Ventures and was responsible for hi‐tech global VC investments in regions such as Russia, Silicon Valley and Israel.
– In 2007, Yusuke launched the first Japanese PE fund focusing exclusively on Russian companies.
– Yusuke holds a B.A. in Economics from the University of Tokyo.
Head of Compliance Division, NFC International
-After joining Yamaichi Securities, Mr. Shoshi worked in the Systems Department, where he was responsible for computer operations and management. After joining Yamaichi Securities, he was in charge of computer operation and management in the Systems Department. He also worked on the promotion of administrative efficiency, focusing on the planning and formulation of domestic branch office operations.
-At Merrill Lynch Japan Securities, he was engaged in overall computer operation and management in the Systems Department.
-After that, he was in charge of internal control and overall compliance operations at SMBC Friend Securities and other securities companies.
Managing Director of NFC HK – Hong Kong
– Prior to joining NFC (Hong Kong), Hitoshi was the Head of Investment Banking at Mizuho Securities Asia.
– He was also the CEO at Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (Hong Kong) Capital.
– He has been based in Hong Kong for more than 20 years in charge of the investment Banking and the fund investment business
– Holds a LLB from the University of Tokyo, an LLM from Harvard Law School, an LLM in Chinese Business Law from Chinese University of Hong Kong, and an MA In International Relations from University of Chicago. Chartered Member of Security Analyst Association of Japan
Vice President of NFC HK – Hong Kong
– Prior to joining NFC (Hong Kong), Shu was an Executive Assistant of Private Equity at Mizuho Securities Asia.
– Shu started her career with Marubeni Corporation in China, after that Shu served as an Administration officer at Meijiseimei Property London for 7.5 years.
– Shu speaks Cantonese, Mandarin, English and Japanese.
– Shu studied English for Business at Southgate College London and holds a MBA from University Empresarial.
Partner of NFC HK – Shanghai, China
– Zhang has worked at multiple Japanese corporations including Itochu Corporation, Mitsui & Co, Shinsei Bank and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities.
– He then became the Greater China Representative for AEA Investors (AUM US$ 5 billion) and the Founding Partner for Japan Asia Investment Company (JAIC). He has approximately 15 years of experience in Private Equity in Greater China.
– Zhang was the Head of Investment for a leading institutional investor in China.
– Zhang is the IC Member and FMC Director of the NFC HK operated fund, Cybernaut New Frontier Venture Fund (China VC).
– Zhang holds a B.S. in Engineering from Fudan University and an MBA from the University of Chicago.
Partner of NFC HK – Beijing, China
– Prior to joining NFC, Zhengkui served as an M&A banker at Mizuho Securities in Japan and Beijing for more than 12 years, mainly focusing on Japan-China cross-borders M&A since 2007.
– Before his M&A role, from 2004 he engaged in the research and planning of China business strategy and established relationships with various Chinese partners including government agencies and local corporations.
– At Mizuho Securities, he served as the first Chief Representative of Beijing Representative Office from 2005 to 2007 and President of its subsidiary in China from 2017 to 2019.
– In 1998, he started his career at Credit Suisse Asset Management (Tokyo) in the areas of mutual fund administration, currency investment management and asset allocation.
– Zhengkui holds a B.A. in Commerce from Hitotsubashi University.
Partner of NFC HK – Melbourne, Australia
– Doron established a government-led “Accelerator Commercialisation Program” in 2010 and contributed to the VC market in the country. As a founding CEO, he designed the program and developed the due diligence mechanism.
– Through the program, he has built VC ecosystem from scratch by incubating over 500 seed to early stage ventures.
– After designing policy framework at the government level, he joined Melbourne University as Vice Principal & Chair of University of Melbourne Commercial Ltd in 2015. He has established Melbourne Accelerator Program (MAP) in the university.
– Doron holds Bachelor in Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering / Bachelor in Science from Monash University